The objective is to strengthen the market position for salted cod products from Iceland in key markets; Spain, Portugal, and Italy.
Emphasis of the marketing of the Secret of Icelandic salted cod is on:
- Strengthening the good image of Icelandic salted fish products by promoting the origin, quality, and pureness of the products
- Strengthening the relationship with key customers, buyers, and distributors, and cooperate in marketing
- Creating further interest and demand for Icelandic salted fish products and gain new consumers
The contributing factors:
- The environment in Iceland - nature, clean air, and clean waters
- The origin and the image of Iceland - associate with the strong image of Iceland in general
- Traditions - both business relations between the nations for over a century, family traditions related to the consumption of ‘Bacalao’ in the markets, and the tradition producing the ‘Bacalao’ in Iceland
- The successful cooperation between all parties involved – the fishermen, the producers, the importers, and the distributors
This can all be captured in one sentence:
It takes an Icelandic village to make quality salted cod.
The action plan is to encourage people to taste and share the secret of Icelandic salted cod.
Marketing activities include:
- General PR on the focus markets and press trips to Iceland
- Use of digital and social media
- Taste events on the markets
- Educate young chefs
- Invite chefs and influencers to Iceland to experience Iceland, the country of origin
Digital media - Spain
Digital media – Portugal
Digital media – Italy